2021 New Year Resolution | Let’s Go Vegan
Let’s go vegan with a plant based diet!
New Year, new you. Like every year, it’s time to set your new year’s resolutions. This time, don’t give up and accomplish all your goals. You may have heard of being vegan and plant based diets, but do you know what is the fuss all about? Let’s start with some introduction. Veganism is a plant based diet with absolutely no inclusion of meat and dairy products. Whether you are planning to go vegan for healthy living or for environment-friendly reasons, this diet has several benefits.
How does it feel transitioning into a vegan or plant based diet?
When you start adopting the vegan lifestyle, in the first few weeks itself you’ll notice an energy boost. As you start including more fruits, vegetables and nuts in your diet, there is a visible healthy pattern that will improve the flow of vitamin, mineral and fibre levels in your body. You’ll also notice how your bowel movements changes, it will either become regular or irritable. But, will eventually settle.
It’s always advisable to transition slowly into veganism. Start by making vegetables the star of your meals. From beans to green leafy vegetables, add variety to your plate to ensure you are getting all the essential nutrients.
Top 5 Benefits of adapting to the vegan/plant based diet lifestyle
If you are still looking for some motivation to go vegan, we have listed some benefits to clean eating. This plant-based diet is undoubtedly the best for your health and the environment.
1. Two of the most common chronic health issues are heart disease and type 2 diabetes. When you go vegan, you automatically lower your risk of both these health concerns.
2. If your goal is to stay healthy and slim effortlessly, veganism is the way to go. The overall calorie density and dietary fat are higher in animal products. With veganism, you’ll be able to have a normal and healthy BMI.
3. Veganism is your opportunity to contribute to the environment. Here’s a quick fun fact for you. Did you know that it takes 40 calories of fossil-fuel energy to create every one calorie of feed-lot beef? Also, about 18-51 percent of man-made pollution comes from the meat industry? These are all contributors to climate change. Go eco-friendly, go vegan.
4. Plant-based diets are great for skin and digestion. Get rid of acne-prone skin by eliminating fatty foods and dairy products from your diet. The fibre content also improves your digestion and eliminates toxins.
5. It’s your chance to express compassion and empathy towards sentient beings. Imagine those steel cages and slaughterhouses, those animals can’t verbalize their emotions.
Most importantly, plant based diets are economical. By adopting veganism, you are taking a step towards reducing your monthly food expenses too.
Also, don’t forget to include fruits and vegetables of all colour in your diet to avoid iron, vitamin and protein deficiencies. We know the journey might not be an easy one. So, focus on making one change at a time. It’s okay to start at your own pace and then progress into veganism, it will feel quite natural to you.
Check out how you can have a healthier home here:Green Living and A Healthy Home
If you’re interested in more information from another Vegan check out Veggiekins